1099-A Form


Acquisition or Abandonment of Secured Property. This form is used by an individual taxpayer if they do not make payments on a loan that is secured by a property. In this case, the lender may foreclose on that property and repossess the property. If so, the lender may send a Form 1099-A. This form is not used if payments are not made on items of personal property such as a car.

Use 1099-A Form in a sentence

You should make sure that you fill out a 1099-a form so that everything is official with the new propery.

​ Was this Helpful? YES  NO 8 people found this helpful.

When tax season arrives, please be sure to print out your 1099-A Form and submit it to the IRS for review.

​ Was this Helpful? YES  NO 10 people found this helpful.

John Smith realized that if he financed his loan by using his home as security and he defaults on that loan, the bank could send him a 1099-A form and take his home.

​ Was this Helpful? YES  NO 7 people found this helpful.

Show more usage examples...

Browse Definitions by Letter: # A B C D E F G H I J K L M N O P Q R S T U V W X Y Z
1099 1099-B Form