Financial institution in Budapest, Hungary, whose "main goal is to become the financial centre and primary trading venue of Hungarian securities, and to successfully take part in the competition for issuers." Its four main activities are (1) listing services, (2) trading services, (3) dissemination of market information, and (4) product development.
Four years after originally opening as the Hungarian Stock Exchange on January 18, 1864, in Pest, the exchange gained the Grain Hall and became the Budapest Stock and Commodity Exchange (BSCE).
dissolved the BSCE after World
War II, claiming its assets
as state property
. The BSE reopened on June 21, 1990, with forty-one members
and one equity
, IBUSZ, the Budapest Stock Exchange. From 1990 until 1995, physical trading on the floor
. In 1995, trading on the floor and in a remote trading system became concurrent and stayed that way until November, 1998 when the MultiMarket Trading System (MMTS), which relied completely on remote trading, was put in
place. By September, 1999, physical trading on the floor ceased. The BSE has been a subsidiary
of the CEESEG AG holding company
since January 2010.