dividend trade roll/play


A way of generating revenue from dividend-producing investments, by purchasing them in time to collect the dividend, then selling them. This practice is profitable due to the fact that dividends are 80% exempt from taxes, and the remaining 20% of the dividend value can be offset as capital losses.
Browse Definitions by Letter: # A B C D E F G H I J K L M N O P Q R S T U V W X Y Z
dividend test dividend warrant