structured fund

Definition

A fund that combines fixed income securities and equities to protect investors' capital while at the same time providing the potential for capital appreciation. A conservative structured fund might have 80% of its assets invested in fixed income securities. The remaining 20% might be invested in derivatives, such as stock index options. These derivatives offer an opportunity for growth, but they put no more than 20% of assets at risk.
Browse Definitions by Letter: # A B C D E F G H I J K L M N O P Q R S T U V W X Y Z
structured finance structured investment product (SIP)