The person in charge of accounting is known as an accountant, and this individual is typically required to follow a set of rules and regulations, such as the Generally Accepted Accounting Principles.
Accounting allows a company to analyze the financial performance of the business, and look at statistics such as net profit.
See also: List of Key Accounting Terms and Definitions at InvestorGuide.com.
Use accounting in a sentence
Popular 'Accounting' Terms
Mentioned in these terms
- accounting equation
- accounting trends and techniques
- budgetary accounting
- standard accounting practice
- Australian Accounting Standards Board (AASB)
- accounting period
- public accounting firm
- average accounting return
- Association of Latino Professionals in Finance and Accounting (ALPFA)
- trade date accounting