The person in charge of accounting is known as an accountant, and this individual is typically required to follow a set of rules and regulations, such as the Generally Accepted Accounting Principles.
Accounting allows a company to analyze the financial performance of the business, and look at statistics such as net profit.
See also: List of Key Accounting Terms and Definitions at InvestorGuide.com.
Use accounting in a sentence
Popular 'Accounting' Terms
Mentioned in these terms
- Cost Accounting Standards Board (CASB)
- aggressive accounting
- historical cost accounting
- Statements of Standard Accounting Practice
- management accounting
- Associate in Insurance Accounting and Finance (AIAF)
- accounting principles
- accounting entity
- Public Company Accounting Oversight Board
- accounting interpretation