two-tier bid

Definition

A type of takeover bid in which an acquiring company offers a higher premium on shares of the target company to enough shareholders so as to take a controlling interest (often 51%). The remaining 49% of shares will not receive the premium.
Browse Definitions by Letter: # A B C D E F G H I J K L M N O P Q R S T U V W X Y Z
two-step mortgage two-tier tender offer